For information on how we can help and for appointments
contact Ben McKechnie Canine Behaviour Consultant on
Browse Our Services - please contact us to discuss your needs and to see how we may be able to help - there is no obligation.
Animal Welfare Centers
We are happy to offer a discount for recognised animal welfare centres or their adoption homes either 'pre or post' adoption. Please call us to discuss how we may be able to support you.
Methods of Payment
We prefer payments by BACS but are able to accept all cards. Sorry but we no longer accept payments by cheque.
There is a mileage fee chargeable for all home or location site visits when outside of our immediate coverage area, this covers vehicle costs and our time as is currently 80p per mile. Please feel free call to discuss our fees or for a quote. We happy to discuss your requirements so that we can suggest the most appropriate service to help support your individual needs. Our mileage fee covers our time traveling, fuel and wear and tear on our vehicles. We make use of the AA Mileage Calculator for client fees, please see their link here https://www.theaa.com/driving/mileage-calculator.jsp
Canine Behaviour Consultations
Behaviour consultations are only delivered as a package to ensure we are able to support clients over several weeks and months. Given the complexities of most established behaviour problems we do not promote a 'quick fix' as often portrayed by inappropriate media. Setting realistic objectives and timescales is an essential part of a professional and supportive service and leads to effective behaviour rehabilitation.
If the client has insurance then we advise them to check their policy to see if behaviour work is covered before booking an appointment and if so they will be able to claim back most fees and some associated costs. Please call and ask to speak to Ben Mckechnie, Clinic Manager for guidance without obligation. If your dog is suffering with complex behavioural problems then we always suggest clients book a full consultation package for the best support and to save costs, longer term.
Grooming clients, please be aware that this is not priced the same as a full behavioural package as help and support with dogs within the dog grooming environment is handled differently due to the additional dog grooming skills required.
1. FULL BEHAVIOURAL PACKAGE PAYABLE IN FULL, £380 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
* Assistance with the Vet Referral process.
* All paperwork & ongoing communication with all associated parties and insurance companies.
* An initial consultation with canine behaviour consultant, from 1 to 2 hours..
* Full & detailed written report and treatment plan as appropriate (that includes individual research and feedback on any possible medical, skin or other health related problem linked with your dog's behaviour).
* Information, guidance and training on suitable training equipment as appropriate.
* Additional handouts where appropriate and guidance on suggested further reading, throughput your rehabilitation.
* Full professional insurance cover.
* Two personal, one hour, 1-2-1 rehabilitation sessions with a canine behaviourist or rehabilitation training specialist.
* Email & telephone support during your rehabilitation plan up to 6 months or longer where agreed appropriate.
2. STANDARD BEHAVIOURAL CONSULTATION PAYABLE IN FULL £260, INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
* Assistance with the Vet Referral Process
* Initial consultation that includes full assessment with canine behaviour consultant.
* Verbal guidance on an outlined treatment plan.
* Full and detailed written report of the behavioural assessment with a copy prepared for the referring Veterinary Surgeon.
*Full professional insurance cover.
3. STANDARD BEHAVIOURAL CONSULTATION CLIENTS CAN BOOK 1-2-1 REHABILITATION SESSIONS FOLLOWING CONSULTATION AT £65 PAYABLE AT THE END OF EACH SESSION
4. FULL BEHAVIOURAL PACKAGE CLIENTS MAY BOOK ADDITIONAL 1-2-1 REHABILITATION SESSIONS AT £60 PAYABLE AT TE END OF EACH SESSION.
Specialist Behavioural Dog Grooming
We may be able to offer support and behaviour consultations for those dogs that suffer with anxiety, fear and phobias associated within dog grooming or being handled within similar situations. Very often aggression demonstrated on the grooming table is directly related to anxieties and fear responses.
The referral process and fee is the same as a standard canine behavioural consultation with the exception that we work with a specialist rehabilitation dog
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR GUIDANCE: If the owner has insurance cover for behaviour work then fees for this service may also be claimed, given that we will be working as rehabilitation training inclusive with the grooming process.
5. Behavioural Grooms . This includes the behaviourist's time. time for the professional dog groomer, full insurance, grooming products and related hand outs as appropriate.
Training Advisory Sessions (TAS)
We are happy to provide training advisory sessions without a full behavioural consultation for less complex cases. This service is not suitable or available for complex behaviour problems, such as fear or phobias, any aggressive related problems or cases involving court orders or legal involvement.
These TAS sessions consist of brief history taking, assessment of suitability for a specific training plan, an hour to an hour and a half consultation with practical assistance. There is no written report or follow up sessions included within the TAS fees.
TRAINING ADVISORY SESSIONS £75
Expert Witness Service
As part of our expert advisory and witness services we are able to offer a full report on the basis of the evidence as we understand it. We can provide independent assistance to the court and other parties by way of objective unbiased opinion in relation to matters within our expertise. Fees charged at £125 an hour plus expenses.
Temperament Testing & Behaviour Evaluation
We are able to provide a full and comprehensive temperament testing service to support owners, animal welfare centres and foster services. We can advise on suitability for adoption or advanced training and can assess the dog's behaviour towards animals, children and adults while identify influences on the dog's behaviour and specific behavioural traits. We may be able to offer a discounted fee for animal welfare centres, please call us to discuss your needs. It is possible that this service provided as part of a behavioural consultation service may be covered by the owner's pet insurance.
AN INITIAL CONVERSATION TO ESTABLISH THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS WILL ALSO HELP US TO CHARGE THE MOST APPROPRIATE FEE FOR OUR CLIENTS.